Finding an insurance agent that suits you and meets all your healthcare requirements can be difficult, time consuming and confusing. This list provides information on the top 5 insurance agencies in the state of Florida.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association –Blue Cross and Blue Shield developed as separate companies which amalgamated in 1982 to create the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBS). Together, the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association has grown to be the largest health care insurance provider in the US, with approximately 1 in 3 Americans relying on them for their medical insurance.
- UnitedHealthcare – UnitedHealthcare is part of UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest single health insurance providers in the United States. It became known as UnitedHealthcare Corporation in 1977. In 1979, it introduced the first network-based health plan for seniors. In a 2010 insurance industry publication, Business Insurance, UnitedHealthcare was named “Readers Choice” winner for “Best health plan provider”
- Humana Medical – Humana Inc. is an American Louisville, Kentucky-based for-profit health insurance company. As of 2014 Humana has over 13 million customers in the U.S and has over 52,000 employees. It is the third largest health insurance in the nation.
- Aetna Health Inc – Aetna Inc. is a health care company which sells a range of health care insurance plans and alternative services, such as medical, pharmaceutical, dental, behavioral health, long-term care, and disability plans. Aetna’s services are offered primarily through employer insurance and benefit programs, and through Medicare.
- AvMed –AvMed was established in 1969 in South Florida. Originally designed to provide the booming aviation industry with pilot physicals, today AvMed are one of Florida’s most popular insurance agencies, with a membership of more than 315,000 Floridians. AvMed provides Medicare Advantage cover for those living in Broward and Miami-Dade, individual and family insurance policies in South Florida, Orlando, Gainesville and Jacksonville and coverage for employees in more than 30 counties across the state.