Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan K
Basic Benefits included on most Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans:
- Hospitalization – Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical Expenses – Part B coinsurance (generally 20% of Medicare approved expenses) or co-payments for hospital outpatient services. (Plans K, L, and N require insureds to pay a portion of Part B coinsurance or co-payments.
- Blood – First three (3) pints of blood each year.
- Hospice – Part A coinsurance.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan K covers the following benefits in addition to those listed above:
- Hospitalization and preventive care paid at 100% but other basic benefits paid at 50%
- Part A Deductible
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance (50%)
- Out of Pocket limit $4640 paid then 100% after limit reached